Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own version of a recipe I came across years ago. Everytime I make it, people go crazy for it. The reason it is better than any other cobbler out there is this: I doubled the crust part, leaving the original amount of fruit. People eat cobbler mainly for the crust! You can use other fruits, too. Best served hot or at least warm, with vanilla ice cream. Awesome!!
- 10 slices white bread
- 1 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (32 ounce) canof sliced peaches, drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour drained peaches into a 9x13 baking pan (glass is okay).
- I like to take 2 butterknives and cut peaches up smaller, but you don't have to.
- Take the slices of bread and cut them into strips (they don't have to be pretty).
- Then layer the strips all over the peaches, distributing them evenly.
- Mix the margarine, sugar and eggs together.
- If your margarine is still hot, mix the sugar in first really well, then the eggs (you don't want to cook your eggs!).
- Pour this mixture all over the bread- be sure to not leave any bread dry!
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes-- and get ready to be complimented!
This is great! My kids much prefer this to the old standby one. Love the crunchy topping 1
This cobbler was soo good, I could have eaten the whole pan myself! The crust was so delicious, and a dollop of vanilla ice cream just made it that much better. Thanks so much for posting- I got rave reviews from my family on this one. I will be making this often!