Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Made this up one day....and my family just loved it! Have taken it to church potlucks and I get requests for it over and over. Don't add tortellini too early or it will "explode".
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup minced carrot
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- I like to practically"puree" the onions and celery in my chopper so my kids don't notice them, but you can always keep them bigger if you like.
- Place everything EXCEPT tortellini in your crock pot and cook on low all day (6-8 hours).
- Either cook tortellini according to package directions and mix in before serving, or place frozen tortellini in crock one hour before serving and turn it up to high setting, but stir gently often.
- Wonderful with green beans and cornbread.
We really like this soup. I agree with the other reviews that it looks/tastes a lot like pot pie. Next time I will add some additional veggies.
I really liked this soup. I have been looking for a chicken pot pie soup an this tasted a lot like that, so the next time I make this, I think I will add peas, and potatoes and top with pie crust.
There were plenty of "wows" around the table for this one. I was worried about the celery and carrots, but the kids actually had fun trying to guess what all was in it. It tastes almost like a thick chicken noodle soup. Dh said it reminded him of the flavors in a chicken pot pie. It was definitely perfect comfort food for this cold weather we've been having! I added about a cup of chicken broth and cooked on high for 4 hours, throwing the tortellini in for the last 45 minutes or so.