Recipe by DragonFly2
Made this up one day....and my family just loved it! Have taken it to church potlucks and I get requests for it over and over. Don't add tortellini too early or it will "explode".
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup minced carrot
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to practically"puree" the onions and celery in my chopper so my kids don't notice them, but you can always keep them bigger if you like.
- Place everything EXCEPT tortellini in your crock pot and cook on low all day (6-8 hours).
- Either cook tortellini according to package directions and mix in before serving, or place frozen tortellini in crock one hour before serving and turn it up to high setting, but stir gently often.
- Wonderful with green beans and cornbread.