This is different than most piccata's because of the tarragon- it really compliments the lemon well. Also, more sauce with this than most, so you have enough to flavor the rice or noodles you might want to serve this over. Pretty and aromatic- good enough for company!
- Cut your chicken into thin strips (this is easy if it's slightly frozen and you use a sharp knife).
- Mix the flour and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into beaten egg, then dredge generously in the flour mixture.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet and cook chicken quickly over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken strips, add chicken broth and stir, making sure you get the browned flour off the bottom of the pan.
- Sauce should thicken slightly-if not, add a bit of flour which you mixed well with a little water.
- Add tarragon and place chicken back in the sauce.
- Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes, adding the lemon slices for the last 5-8 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.