Duane and Ginger Vanden Brink's Note:
I live in Holland, Michigan and these are just a few of the "traditional" recipes I've collected from people I know who probably brought them from "the old country."
My Private Note
- 1Cut butter into flour.
- 2Gradually stir in water forming a dough similar to pastry.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4Roll small amount of dough into a pencil shape, brings ends together and twist like Figure 8.
- 5Dip both sides in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake at 375° until golden brown on bottom.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krakelingen (Butter Cookies in the Shape of 8)
Serving Size: 1 (1072 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 45.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g