Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Germanic holiday butter cookie with just a bit of sweetness. Believe me you will be running back for more. My daughter’s first grade class ate over four dozen of these at a winter break party. It is very simple and simply delicious.
- In large mixing bowl, cut butter into flour till pea sized.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon water over 1/4 section of dough.
- Fluff that section with fork and push aside. Repeat with rest of dough in sections.
- Divide into half. Roll into balls. Wrap in saran wrap, and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- When cool, tear off pieces about 2 tablespoons worth and roll into snakes. Shape into hearts, ribbons, wreaths, or pretzel shapes.
- Gently press both sides of cookie into granulated sugar that has been spread out thinly on plate.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly browning.
Sometimes the simplest things will go over great, & I expect these will, too, when I include them in a cookie sale (along with other cookies & bars) during a park-wide garage sale here! It also gives me a chance to test they out as potential 'holiday gifts!' I think these will do just fine! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]