Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
From the Kraft website, very easy, healthy, and yummy to make plus it looks pretty and colorful.
- 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta, multigrain, uncooked
- 9 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 minute.
- COOK and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 minute Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.
- DRAIN pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. or 8-inch square baking dish.
- BAKE 20 minute Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 minute.
This was really good. I had to make some changes to suit our family but I followed the recipe as much as possible. I omitted the spinach because we don't like it and I used homemade sauce because that is what I had. Thanks for posting!