Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
pasta with peas and bacon and eggs. found it on the kraft foods site and keeping it here for later use. I havn't tried it yet, but it sounds good.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 slices oscar mayer bacon
- 1⁄4 cup kraft zesty Italian dressing
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup kraft grated parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding peas to the water for the last minute. Meanwhile, cook bacon as directed on package; drain.
- RETURN pasta mixture to saucepan. Crumble bacon. Add to pasta along with remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Cook on low heat 2 to 4 minute or until eggs are cooked through, stirring constantly.
This was GREAT! I was honestly surprised by how flavorful it is, given the short list of ingredients! I made it a bit healthier by using Smart Taste pasta, turkey bacon, and light Italian dressing. It is very easy to over cook this so be forewarned--I wanted to cook it a long time because I was feeding a toddler and pregnant woman, and 5 minutes was long enough to really cook the egg and almost dry the sauce out. That could be easily remedied with more dressing, I suppose. Also, I added two generous pinches of kosher salt as the eggs cooked, and I think it really amped up the flavor. Thanks for posting this total keeper! Made for Healthy Choices ABC tag.