Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this recipe on the Kraft Site. It's a quick microwave dish and easy to make with common ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb white fish fillet (halibut,cod,tilapia,pike,pickerel)
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup four-cheese Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Mix rice and water in shallow microwaveable dish.
- Arrange fish fillets in single layer over rice and pour tomatoes with the liquid and the dressing over fish. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, turn back one corner of plastic wrap to vent.
- Microwave on High 8 minute Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap, venting at one corner. Microwave an additional 4 minute or til fish flakes easily with fork and rice is tender.
I love this recipe! Found it in a magazine, and was happy to see it here. I always season the fish with lemon pepper and italian seasoning, and add extra italian dressing to the rice and over the fish. A great fast dinner that tastes amazing!
I made this for the Healthy Choices ABC game. I'm pretty happy with the results. I subbed brown rice, which was very good. I also used fat-free Italian dressing, which adds great flavor. I did add a little extra water for the rice, and left the tomatoes undrained. Next time, I will drain and rinse the tomatoes, because I don't love the juice. I think it tastes overpowering. I also halved the amount of cheese, and it was great! Thanks for such a good recipe, I will definitely make it again. YUM!