Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Handed down from my Mom...always a Winner when served! :)
Make and share this Kraft Mac & Cheese Beef Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) boxkraft macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk, for the mac & cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, for mac & cheese
- 8 ounces Hunts tomato sauce (or whichever brand you prefer)
- 1 lb ground beef (I prefer personally sirloin bc I don't drain after cooking)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch salt, to season beef
- 1 pinch pepper, to season beef
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- While waiting for water to boil for mac & cheese --.
- Cook ground beef until browned, do not drain (if Sirloin).
- Stir in Tomato sauce w cooked beef, set aside.
- Cook Kraft Mac & Cheese according to directions.
- Spray a 1.5 qt dish with Pam.
- Mix cooked Kraft Mac & Cheese and Ground Beef w Tomato mixture in dish.
- Stir in 1 cup Mozzarella cheese & cover top w remaining cheese.
- Put uncovered dish in preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minute.
- After removing from oven, let rest for 5 min & Serve your delicious Casserole! :).
This was OK for us. I made exactly as written and everyone ate it but no one went back for seconds. I also added a good bit of pepper to the mixture. Made for Fall PAC 2012
We had mixed reviews in our family. My DH loved it and ate 3 helpings. I thought it was only 'so-so'. I added about 1 teaspoon of black pepper because I knew he wouldn't eat it if it were bland. Made for Fall PAC 2012.