Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick, healthy meal that isn't time consuming to prepare and easy to clean up! To prevent rice from sticking to the foil, spray foil with cooking spray before using. Or, use nonstick foil. If the chicken breast halves in your market are larger than 4 oz. each, they will take longer to cook. Be sure to cook them long enough so that they are no longer pink in the centers and the juices run clear (170°F).
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 1 3⁄4 cups warm water
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup kraft 2% milk shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Combine rice and water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon evenly onto centers of four large sheets of heavy-duty foil; top each with 1 chicken breast half. Sprinkle evenly with chili powder. Drizzle with dressing; top with cheese and vegetables.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Place in single layer in 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minute or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Place one packet on each of four dinner plates.
- Cut slits in foil with sharp knife to release steam before opening.
The wife and kids loved this dish! I played around a bit with it and covered the breasts in the chili powder but also was generous with taco seasoning (we have the bulk jar of Ortega so shaking it out is easy). The recipe was a great way to get the kids to eat broccoli and peppers.
I just realised that I haven't reviewed this meal. Like another reviewer I found they needed a little something. Next time I will replace the chili powder with dried chili flakes and add some cracked black pepper. These are great to have in the freezer for solo meals. (I gave these to a friend while she was coping with the death of her partner and she loved them. So easy to just pop into the oven and have a whole meal prepared.)
This dish was really good! My roommates all loved it and were surprised at how easy it was to make! I did cook it all together and it was great!