1 hr 5 mins
Printed on the back box of Kraft Minute Tapioca and found on the Kraft site, this was the first berry pie recipe I ever tried when I was a teenager. Since that time the recipe has never failed me. Usually I use a variety of locally grown berries in addition to or in place of the blueberries: marionberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc. Berry season here in Oregon is quickly approaching and we are anxious to start cooking with them again! I've also subbed brown sugar for part of the white sugar and used vanilla extract for almond. This is a very forgiving recipe. I searched high and low all over Recipezaar to see if this recipe were posted and by all accounts it is not. That surprises me considering this recipe has been around for ages! You will need a double crust to prepare the pie. Last year, we enjoyed the pie topped with this: Rose Cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, stemmed and washed (read Intro)
- 1 cup unbleached white sugar
- 1/4 cup minute tapioca ("instant")
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (in a bind, I've used lime and orange juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (my addition)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 prepared double pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Prepare the pie crust and place the bottom crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- 2PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- 3Toss blueberries (and other berries if using) with sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, almond extract and cinnamon until evenly coated.
- 4Let stand 15 minutes.
- 5Fill the pie pan with the berry mixture.
- 6Dot top of pie with butter.
- 7Cover top with second pie crust.
- 8Seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- 9BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly.
- 10Cool about 10 minutes before slicing.
- 11Serve with ice cream, whipping cream, etc.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kraft Blueberry Pie With Tapioca
Serving Size: 1 (1071 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2321.8
- Calories from Fat 659
- Total Fat 73.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1274.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 417.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 292.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g