Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This versatile cookie dough can make several types of festive cookies for your holiday gift baskets.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- BEAT cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- PROCEED to the variation of your choice.
- They all look great on their own or together on a tray.
- Pinwheel Cookies Prepare dough as directed; divide in half.
- Add 2 squares melted BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate to half of the dough; mix until well blended.
- Divide each half into 2 equal parts.
- (You should have 2 white and 2 chocolate pieces.) Roll or press 1 of the white dough pieces into 10x8-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Break 1 of the chocolate pieces into smaller pieces; place on rolled-out white dough and press gently to form even layer.
- Starting from one of the longer sides, roll up dough tightly to form a log; wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cut dough into slices, each about 1/4 inch thick; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute or until lightly browned.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- Cookie Cutouts Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare dough as directed.
- Roll dough to 1/8-in.
- thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into assorted shapes using 3-in.
- cookie cutters.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute or until edges begin to brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack; immediately press about 1/2 teaspoons crushed Life Savers Candies onto each hot cookie.
- Cool completely on rack.
- Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
- Thumbprint Cookies.
- Prepare dough as directed, adding 1 cup finely chopped Pecans.
- Refrigerate 30 minute Preheat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Indent centers.
- Bake 10 minute Fill each cookie with about 1 teaspoons of your favorite preserves.
- Continue baking 8 to 10 minute or until golden brown.
- Makes about 5 dozen Pecan Bars Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare dough as directed; press firmly onto bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minute or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 eggs, 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 2/3 cup light corn syrup, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter and 1 teaspoons vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in 3 cups chopped pecans.
- Spread evenly onto warm crust.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minute or until topping is firm around the edges and slightly soft in the center.
- Cut into 60 bars.
- Makes 5 dozen bars or 60 servings, 1 bar each.