Recipe by Texas Barby
Fake crab? Yuck, you say. But, this versatile salad disappears as quickly as you can serve it. The richness of cream cheese and the combination of sour cream and mayonnaise make this creamy concoction a hit, whether spread on wheat crackers, stuffed in a tomato or avocado half, or served on a bed of greens.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley Ranch dip
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cayenne
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the first five ingredients.
- Add the krab and continue mixing until the salad has reached the desired level of shred. See note.
- Refrigerate 4 or more hours before serving.
- Serving size is for the appetizer. Serves 4, as a salad.
- We prefer lumps in the salad if serving in an avocado or atop greens. The finer shreds are better for spreading on crackers or toast points.
- Dip mix packet contains approximately 2 T. This salad was adapted from a recipe that required 3# of krab, 8 oz. cream cheese, and a whole packet of dip mix. Do not get manic over measuring. This is a simple recipe.
- Cream cheese - I use '1/3 less fat." Do not use fat free.