Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This tastes better than any Krab salad from a Deli. You can substitute cooked Krab and shrimp for the 12 oz. cooked Krab. Adjust the amount of mayonnaise to suit your own taste. The two hours cooking time is actually the time in the refrigerator. Have plenty of your favorite crackers on hand!
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, pre-cooked, found in seafood section at grocery store
- 1 small celery rib, chopped fine
- 1 green onion, chopped fine, include green and white part
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled or fresh (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- Place chopped celery and green onion in a medium sized bowl.
- Roughly chop the Krab (or Krab and shrimp) into bite-sized pieces and place in the bowl on top of the veggies.
- Pour lemon juice over the Krab.
- Sprinkle dill weed over the top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in mayonnaisse and taste for seasoning.
- Adjust if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or so to make the flavors pop.
- Serve with crackers.
I was a little skeptical because of the simple ingredients, but this turned out fantastic!! I made it exactly as the recipe states and oh my gosh, it's perfect! We didn't even wait the 2 hours to devour it.
I mixed it up with lettuce and tomato and served it as a main dish salad. No other ingredients were necessary. Will definately be making this again and again!
We love this simple and quick recipe that produces a dish that we previously had to buy at the grocery store. My wife loves this with Ritz crackers. People that eat it are always asking where we bought it because they like it so much. I now give them the link to Recipezaar. Thanks Granny.
THIS WAS A HUGE HIT!!!! I made this for a wedding reception (100 people). I added cream cheese, it was fantastic. 8oz to what would be the original size of this recipe. Can't wait to make it to eat at home - Great recipe Knitting THX!