The yummy rangoon experience without all the stuffing and the frying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 lb surimi, finely chopped/flaked (if using real crab, you may want to cut back to 3/4 lb.)
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (7 ounce) jar Chinese duck sauce (optional)
- 1Mix the cream cheese, soy sauce, ginger root, garlic, sesame oil and parsley together in a medium bowl.
- 2Fold the krab into the cheese mixture.
- 3Transfer the mixture into an appropriate baking dish and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- 4(This dip can also be served cold or covered and microwaved until bubbly) For wonton dippers, cut the wonton wrappers diagonally into triangles.
- 5Arrange the triangles in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet (as many as can fit, you will have to do more than one batch/sheet).
- 6Optional: Spray the surface of the wrappers with a nonstick spray Sprinkle the wrappers evenly with the paprika.
- 7Bake each batch of wonton dippers at 350°F for about 6 to 7 minutes, or until crisp and lightly brown (it may take a little longer if baking these with the dip).
- 8Optional: Pour half of the duck sauce over the cream cheese mixture and serve the rest with the toasted wonton dippers.
- 9A hot chinese mustard may also be used as a dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krab Rangoon Dip With Toasted Wonton Dippers
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 654.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g