Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My version of Ceviche. I am pretty much a wuss when it comes to hot spicy foods. So I made my own milder but still flavorful Ceviche. I also am allergic to crab, so this is made with Krab (imitation fish based crab or surimi). Cook time is really more for time the ceviche will need to chill.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat (Krab)
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium avocados, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut krab into cubes or shred.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and toss to evenly distribute the juice and herbs.
- Leave in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Additional ideas for variations - Add one or more of the following:.
- Cucumber with seeds removed and diced.
- Cooked Small Shrimp.
- Cubed or shredded Mozzarella - or any mild cheese (about 1 cup).
- Cubed Cream Cheese (4 oz block).
- Green Pepper diced.
- Raw Salmon - small cubes.
- Cumin - 1/2 teaspoons.