Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From ruscuisine.com. I'm guessing at the number of servings since I have not made this yet and none were given with the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spread the chopped nuts in a single layer in a pan and toast them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, turning them about with a spoon from time to time.
- Watch carefully for any sign of burning.
- In a heavy 2-quart pan, combine the honey and sugar and, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- When the syrup reaches 220°F on a thermometer, lower the heat and stir in the nuts.
- Stirring often, cook for 15 minutes.
- Brush the inside of an 8- to 9-inch round pie tin or pan with cold water and pour in the nut mixture.
- Smooth the top and set aside, uncovered, to cool.
- When firm, dip the pan into hot water and invert a flat plate on top.
- Grasping the two firmly together, turn over; the candy should slide out in one piece.
- With a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cut into diamond shapes.
- The candy will keep at room temperature for about one week.