Mia in Germany's Note:
The website about travel in Egypt says that this is the trditional way to prepare fish in Alexandria (Egypt). Use any white sea fish that is not flaky. Submitted for Visit Egypt / NAME forum May 2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mortar or spice grinder, grind cumin and coriander seeds with salt and pepper finely.
- 2Wash fish and rub with one clove garlic and then with the spice blend and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 3Grind the allspice berries.
- 4Finely slice onions, fry with soome oil in a skillet until golden.
- 5Add tomato paste, roast slightly. Add canned tomatoes, ground allspice and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for two or three minutes.
- 6Dust fish filets with flour, fry in some oil from both sides until gilden brown.
- 7Preheat oven to 370 degrees F.
- 8Drain fried fish on paper towel.
- 9Fill half of the tomato sauce into a baking pan, layer fish on it and top with the rest of the sauce.
- 10Bake at 370 F for 10-15 minues.
- 11Serve with rice or flatbread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kozbareya - Alexandrinian Style Fish
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 110.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: