Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love lobster sauce and this was published in the Boston Herald as an answer to a request. by the way, it has no lobster in it in case you never had it before! I'm revising the quantities because I think they made a mistake on the amount of water. I used more black bean sauce and garlic, subbed the molasses with sugar because I didn't have any molasses and left out the egg. I like my way better!
- Place the ground pork in a wok or large saute pan.
- Stir fry until the pork is about 3/4 cooked.
- Add the water, black bean sauce and molasses or sugar.
- Thicken to taste with the cornstarch.(Mix cornstarch with some water before adding to the pan).
- While stirring, add the egg. (optional)
- Continue stir frying as the egg cooks and the sauce heats through.
- Season to taste.
- The cooking time depends on the type of pan and temperature of your stove top.
- Serve with rice.
My version would be boiling seafood shells,such as shrimp,crab or lobster with an onion to bring out the mock seafood flavour. I also do this when I make she-crab soup.