Recipe by katew
I have not tried this side dish yet but I am longing to do so . The recipe was in Sunday Life. Apparently koushary is commonly sold as street food in Egypt and often includes tomato and lentils.
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 80 g vermicelli, broken up
- 500 g basmati rice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 900 ml boiling water
- 100 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in saucepan.
- Add vermicelli and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until coated with oil.
- Add rice and salt and stir to coat with oil.
- Add boiling water and cover.
- Cook 15 - 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add more water if need be.
- Stir through butter.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.