Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My best friend when I was growing up was Greek, and I fell in love with the culture and the food. This was always my favourite - thanks to Georgia for giving me the family recipe! I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
- 250 g butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds (Toasted)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 5 -6 cups icing sugar (for dusting)
- Cream butter & icing sugar until light.
- Add egg yolk and brandy, mixing well.
- Fold in almonds, flour, baking powder & cloves.
- Break off small pieces of dough & shape into 'S' shapes or crescents.
- Bake at 180 deg C for +/- 20 min until lightly golden.
- Let them cool for 10 min, then dust with some icing sugar.
- Store in container & dust with rest of icing sugar.
- Tip: Seal & store for 2 days (if you can resist!) as this improves the flavour.