Recipe by MARIA MAC *
These greek cookies are delicious and easy to make. Seems like alot of steps but they are easy to make. Putting it here for safekeeping.
Top Review by monkeyheadswife #2
A friend of mine lives in Tarpin Springs Florida which is a wonderful Greek Fishing Village. They said these were the most incredible cookies even better than the Bakery down the street. Everyone just loves them! Great recipe! You have to try them.
- 1 lb sweet butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 ounce cognac (brandy)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 cups flour (not quite full)
Directions See How It's Made
- Micowave butter until soft but not melted.
- Beat butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add egg yolks and beat further.
- In a seperate bowl mix Cognac and baking powder together.
- Add to butter and sugar mixture and stir together.
- Add flour to the mixture.
- Dough should be soft.
- Roll dough into a tube approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Cut into even slices approximately 1 inches wide.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Push a small indent with your finger in each cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 min.
- When cookies cool but are still warm sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- *Do not let cookie cool all the way or powdered sugar will not stick.