Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine WOW! ----one of the world's greatest cookies.
- 1 lb softened sweet butter, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (0ptional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar, for dusting the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 minutes at medium speed. Don't skimp on the time. The long beating is crucial.
- Add the 1/2 cup powdered sugar, followed by the egg yolk and vanilla and continue beating so the sugar and egg yolk mix in well.
- Add the cake flour a little at a time, then the regular flour, baking powder.
- and vanilla.
- The dough should be soft but not sticky to the hand.
- Make sure you mix the dough well.
- Roll the dough into 3/4 inch balls and make a small indentation on top to help hold the powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with an ample ample of powdered sugar. The more the better.
- Remove from the pan and place cookies on a board or rack to cool and sprinkle with more powdered sugar.
- Let them cool before storing in a container.