Recipe by Debi
From Greek With Gusto! - "Sauteed onion & garlic, accented with tomato and lemon, develop a zesty sauce in this steamed cauliflower dish".
Top Review by hottiecj
this was a nice recipe to try. I had some cauliflower and was looking for a different way to fix it. It was just ok for us. it did not reheat well at all. I had fun trying it out anyways.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate cauliflower into florets.
- Place a vegetable steamer in a saucepan and add enough water to just cover the bottom of the steamer. Bring to a boil, add cauliflower and steam over high heat for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil, onion and garlic. Saute until onion is transparent.
- Mix tomato paste with the water and stir into the onion, along with lemon juice, salt & pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to the tomato sauce. Bring to a quick boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook, with lid slightly askew, until cauliflower is tender.