- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup kefalotiri, grated (or use parmesan)
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Blend the flour, salt, mustard and cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, egg yolk, ouzo, and water. Blend until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness, then cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Place the strips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with the egg white, then sprinkle with the cumin seeds.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.