Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice with a cup of coffee!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk, beaten together with
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, brandy and vanilla, beating well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, beating in well after each addition.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a 6-inch rope, fold in half and twist 2 or 3 times, pinch ends together.
- Place 1 inch apart on 3 greased cookie sheets.
- Brush with egg/milk mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 10-13 minutes in a preheated 180C (375F) oven until golden.
- Cool on rack.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.