Recipe by Jeaniebean2004
Receipe was handed down from my my grandfather (Via my aunt who used to make hundreds every Easter and New Years for parties that lasted at least 3 days) This receipe can be halved or quartered.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour, -approximate . use only enough to make batter come away from bowl
- poppy seed
- 1 beaten egg, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together vanilla, oil and eggs.
- Add sugar, salt and baking powder and mix.
- Add about half of the flour and mix. Gradually add the remaining flour until mixture comes away from the bowl. Do not over-add flour.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll into pencil-thin strips about 6 inches long. Fold in half and twist into a rope. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 350 about 15 minutes.