Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty satisfying stew. Serve with either a Rice Pilaf or a Bulgar Pilaf.
Make and share this Koukia Yiahnt (Fava Bean Stew) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 1⁄2 cups fava beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, celery, carrots.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stock or water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fava beans, cinnamon, salt and pepper.