Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A recipe inspired by Russia. From Ricardo, summer 2008.
Make and share this Kottlety Pozharskie (Chicken Burger With Coleslaw) recipe from Food.com.
- Salade de chou: Placer le chou dans un bol. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or in a microwave dish in the microwave, bring to boil the vinegar and sugar. Pour on the cabbage and add sour cream. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- In a bowl, soak the bread in milk. Add chicken, breadcrumbs, butter and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper. Mix well until homogeneous. Shape in 4 patties and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Grill the patties around 5 minutes each side. Grill the kaiser breads.
- Put each patty on the braed and garnish generously with coleslaw.
Very tasty burgers! The chicken was great with the coleslaw. Served on whole-grain buns and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Boomette, both the coleslaw and the chicken burgers were very tasty, and wonderful together in crispy ciabatta rolls. We r-e-a-l-l-y enjoyed them. The recipe was also surprisingly quick to make, always a major plus! I used a savoy cabbage, light sour cream and - because I have never used rice vinegar - red wine vinegar. The only change I made to the burgers was to add some garlic. The burgers were moist and flavoursome and complemented the coleslaw superbly. I'll certainly be making these again. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Very good! The kids loved these sandwiches and loved to messily eat them. What really makes this is the slaw. I did add some finely minced green onion to it. Thanks.