Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT6 for the Scandinavia leg of tour.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs minced meat (beef, pork or both)
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- chicken stock
- butter (for frying)
- Combine onion, egg, mustard and meat. Mix together, season with salt and pepper. If too liquid, add breadcrumbs until a ball will hold together.
- Roll into 1 inch meatballs and roll in breadcrumbs. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet and fry meatballs at medium temperature until lightly brown. Remove meatballs and reserve.
- Add cream to skillet. Add pepper to taste and enough chicken stock to make a a nice creamy gravy. Add meatballs and cook until heated through.
- Serve meatballs and the cream sauce together with mashed or boiled potatoes.
Very nice meatballs. Made enough for a 30 people. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
This recipe is so easy in that I prepared the meatballs the day b/f and threw together the gravy w/potatoes just b/f serving. Did this all in my castiron skillet. What a great week-night meal.
I should add that I used evaporated milk in place of the cream.
Made for Scandanavian Tag in KK's forum.
This was a very easy and tasty recipe that I will be making again. These are also very nice reheated so prefect for lunches. Thanks for sharing your recipe.