Kotopoulo Giouvetsi (Chicken and Pasta)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash chicken and rub outside and inside with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Season skin with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a medium-to-large baking pan, preferably glass or clay, and spread orzo evenly around chicken.
- Add remaining oil and other ingredients except cheese and toss in pan to combine.
- Place pan, uncovered, in hot oven and reduce heat to 350°F
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, basting chicken every 10 to 15 minutes with pan juices, until chicken is tender and orzo cooked, adding more water, if necessary, during baking if orzo seems too dry.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.