Recipe by Scarlett516
You can make these as little triangles for a snack.
Top Review by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Very delicious I usually don't do chicken in phyllo since my DH is a beef lover but this was really beautiful recipe. I added some feta to the mix and some red pepper just for a lil heat and used the thick phyllo. Let it cool a bit before eating so we could just pick it up like a sandwich. I will definitely make again. Served with Recipe #412904 Made for ZWT 6 for Looney Spoon Phoodies.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts, poached, shredded, and set aside
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 large onions, diced
- 3 leeks, white parts only, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup grated kefalotyri or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salted butter, melted
- olive oil (mixed with melted butter)
- phyllo pastry sheet
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and leeks and sauté until the onions are translucent and the leeks are tender. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, rice, mint, and raisins. Stir.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Put the shredded chicken, eggs, and grated cheese in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Add the onion and leek mixture and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a 9"x13" pan. Place a layer of the phyllo sheets on the bottom of the pan. Brush the sheets with the butter/olive oil mixture.
- Add the chicken mixture, making sure to spread in an even layer, and top with a layer of phyllo sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.