Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
very yummy =)
Make and share this Kotlety Po Cygansku - Gypsy Sznycel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 slices white cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pound the sznycel so it is about 1 inch thick or if some like thick then you may leave thicker. season with salt and peppers both sides.
- in 3 seprate bowls add the eggs in one, the flour in another and the breadcrumbs in the last one.
- mix the eggs.
- take one sznycel and add to the egg mixture so the sznyce is coated.place then in the flour mixture so coated and then in the breadcrumbs.
- do the same with the remaining.
- fry the meat in a pan until golden brown and then take out and place in a casserole dish.
- cut the onions and pepper and add to the skillet with olive oil.
- cut the tomatoes ( skinless : in a pot add water and the tomatoes and take out when the skin starts to crack and peel the skin off but let the tomatoes stand for min so you dont burn your fingers) and add to the skillet.
- when the water evaporates from the tomatoes add the tomato paste.
- cover with a lid and let "sauce" become thick.
- when sauce becomes thick pour over the sznycel.
- place on each sznycel a pice of cheese and place into oven of 350.
- when cheese has melted take the casserole dish out.
- serve with rice.