Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from week 25 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook on meal from every nation on Earth, and Belarus is my 25th stop. I never use any recipe for my blog that I'm not reasonably sure is from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. This mushroom and pork dish definitely falls into the comfort food category and is good served with a potato side dish such as babka.
- 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup pork stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 pork chops
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and add the mushrooms and garlic. Keep stirring until the mushrooms start to shrink and soften.
- Add the sherry and the stock and a little salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the rest of the butter in another pan. Brown the pork chops on both sides, then pour the sauce over the chops.
- Cover the pan and cook until the internal temperature of each chop reaches 160 degrees.