Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe but we love them. I've been making them for years. They are delicious and economical. A good way to make a little meat go a long way! I like to serve them with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 slices stale bread, soaked in
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Squeeze the milk out of the bread and discard.
- Mix together with the meats, onion, garlic, eggs, salt and pepper and sour cream.
- Mix well, then shape into 8 large balls.
- Brown the balls in hot oil, then place in a oven proof casserole dish.
- Bake covered, for 30 minutes at 325*F.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer.
This turned out really well. A little bland, I'll add more seasoning next time. I used all ground beef as we don't usually eat pork. I used my ice cream scoop to get large balls and not get my hands messy lol. I froze some of these. Just followed the recipe to the point of cooking in the oven and froze instead. Then thawed on the counter and cooked as directed. This is a very easy recipe to make large quantities of for OAMC I served it with roasted potatoes and scratch gravy.