Prep 12 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was found on greecefoods.com I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a tasty recipe. Prep time includes marinating time overnight. The recipe may take about 2 hours, but most of that is just waiting for the oven. The only real prep is the potatoes. -Update, still haven't made this, but now I really want to! I updated the recipe to match with Reen's comments. Thanks!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes with chicken and place in a plastic bag and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bake chicken uncovered at 425 F until slightly browned.
- Add potatoes, cover with foil and bake at 325 F for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
Very tasty, but seeing what Reen wrote, I added a bunch more potatoes and was glad I did! The potatoes are the star of the show here. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC fall 09.
This recipe has quickly become one of my favorites! I have served it to company several times and every time I do, they ask for the recipe. I use extra lemon juice (1/3 cup) and add a LOT of potatoes because they taste so good! I wonder if the fat and calorie info is correct on this, because most of the oil stays in the pan and is not eaten.
I used boneless thighs so I skipped the first 1/hr cooking. I wish I had put the potatoes on the bottom - they would have soaked up the liquid. After 1 1/2 hrs, some were still a wee bit undercooked. (they were sliced thinly, too, so I am baffled.) But it was very yummy!!! Made for ZWT4.