Recipe by Lene
Remember to soak your wooden skewers for 20 minutes before you start to prepare your tasty koftas and then enjot them with my chilli yogurt.
Top Review by currybunny
The kebabs themselves were very nice, but the chilli yoghurt pushes this up to a 5 star! This was so yummy, I can see heaps of things I can serve this with. This was very quick and easy, and made a tasty weeknight dinner, ideal for a hot night!
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CHILLI YOGURT
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix together the lamb, white onion, herbs and spices and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 4 and, using your fingers, squeeze it around skewers to form long sausage shapes.
- Grill the kofta kebabs for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionsally, until well browned but still a little pink in the centre.
- Make the chilli yogurt: combine the yogurt, chillies, coriander, garlic, lime juice and sugar, and season to taste.
- briefly warm the tortillas for a few seconds on each side in a dry, non stick frying pan, to make them soft and pliable. Place a kebab in the centre of each tortilla and squeeze around the kebab, Pulling it off the skewer. Scatter over a few onion rinds, and drizzle over the yogurt. Serve with tomato wedges, crisp lettuce leaves and a wedge of lime to sqeeze over.