Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mother Kossman's recipe. It's very old donald was 91 and this was his mothers recipe which is very good still yet
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup mashed banana, which was 2 bananas for me
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites, beaten i used the yolks also i think so did she
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk, i used 6 tablespoons
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar. add bananas and yolks
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla and milk to creamed mixture.( i also added teaspoon of lemon juice for baking soda).
- Add dry mixture.
- Fold in whites.
- Pour into greased cake pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until the cake springs back when touched. i used bundt pan and it took 40 minutes but 9x13 is 30 minutes.