Recipe by Dienia B.
old recipe again darlene kossman ann prauerer this is really good i also added some french fried onions with this and instead of milk i dusted the fish with powdered milk as my cheap fish has alot of added water ,if thats not a concern for you do add the liquid milk .
Top Review by loof
This is an outstanding way to prepare fish! I used tilapia. The topping on this was so flavorful and the cooking method produced fish that was firm yet moist and tender. Loved this recipe - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 1 lb fish fillet
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup American cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- thaw the fillets really do this i just put the fillets whole
- cut into serving size.
- place in a shallow baking dish.
- saute the onions in the butter til browned i.
- salt and pepper.
- add bread crumbs and cheese.
- toss.with fork until well mixed.
- spread over fillets.
- and press down firmly.
- pour the milk around the fish bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. i did this uncovered worked fine baked potatoes at same time.