Recipe by Dienia B.
An easy casserole. If you like green bean casserole, you will like this dish. It is REAL easy and smells wonderful baking. Anybody can make this. I didn't even layer this; just plopped the chicken on top of the rice mixture and covered it with onion soup mix.
Top Review by diner524
Comfort food at its best!!! Like Annacia stated, not necessarily for a formal dinner, but oh so yummy!! I made this as written, except using two extremely large chicken breasts. This did cut down on the cooking time somewhat, but still cooked it for about 1 1/2 hours. I think next time I would mix the onion soup mix in with the rice and other soups, except for a little bit to season the chicken, as the onion pieces got very crispy when it was cooked uncovered. I made this for my lunch today, so after it was cooked, I took all the meat off the bones and diced it up and added it back in with the rice and froze many servings. Now I have many other great lunches to look forward to eating. Thanks for sharing a yummy comfort food recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 whole chicken
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, water, and rice together.
- Put a layer of soup mixture in a baking dish.
- Add the chicken.
- Add the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the Lipton onion soup mix.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours.
- Uncover for the last 30 minutes of baking.