Recipe by Tish
Pickles are really easy to put together..especially good if you have a bunch of cucumbers in your garden
- 8 -10 small firm cucumbers, not waxed
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, cut in quarters
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 3 sprigs dill
- 2 ribs celery, including tops
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt (NOT Iodized)
- 3 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fit cucumbers into one or two qt jars.
- Add garlic and spices.
- Fit dill and celery into empty spaces between cucumbers.
- Dissolve salt in hot water and pour into jars, making sure to cover cucumbers.
- Cover jars but do not tighten lids.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 3-4 days until desired sourness is reached.
- Tighten lids and refrigerate.
- If sediment appears at bottom of jars, tighten lid and shake jar to disperse sediment.