Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Kosher Delight a Jewish Online Magazine
- 1 single 9 inch pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.) In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolk, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake for ten minutes in preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set Pumpkin Puree:Cut the pumpkin into large chunks and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for one hour or until fork tender.
- Allow pumpkin to cool, then remove the skin and puree in a food processor.
- Use the puree in your holiday baking.
- Unused puree can be frozen in airtight containers for one month.