Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I looked for good patty recipes using kosher fish and most recipes called for tuna or salmon which we were tired of. It was then I realized that the cheapest fish in the store, which we had not enjoyed fried or baked was perfect. Then I only had to tweek the various crab cake recipes for local and family taste and ease. My husband wolfs these down.
- 2 lbs frozen bream, thawed totally
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 celery rib, diced very fine
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- Mash, grind or chop fish (Bream).
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the fish mixture.
- Refrigerate covered at least one hour.
- Shape into patties and dip each patty in coating mix.
- Fry on low heat in oiled non stick frying pan @7 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels until serving.