I looked for good patty recipes using kosher fish and most recipes called for tuna or salmon which we were tired of. It was then I realized that the cheapest fish in the store, which we had not enjoyed fried or baked was perfect. Then I only had to tweek the various crab cake recipes for local and family taste and ease. My husband wolfs these down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frozen bream, thawed totally
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 celery rib, diced very fine
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Mash, grind or chop fish (Bream).
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients for the fish mixture.
- 3Refrigerate covered at least one hour.
- 4Shape into patties and dip each patty in coating mix.
- 5Fry on low heat in oiled non stick frying pan @7 minutes on each side.
- 6Drain on paper towels until serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kosher Imitation Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: