Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Simple dilled okra pickles. This recipe can also be used to make last of the summer small green tomato pickles. Taste is very similar to Texas Brand Okra Pickles.
- 3 lbs uniform sized okra
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, one for each jar
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds, half tsp for each jar
- 12 heads fresh dill (I use dill seed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain okra.
- Prick each okra several times with a pin, or cut small slit with knife.
- Put 1 clove garlic and 1/2 tsp mustard seed in the bottom of each jar.
- Pack okra into jars.
- Put a small bunch of dill or about 1 tsp dill seed on top of okra.
- Boil water, vinegar and salt together until salt is dissolved.
- Fill jars with boiling solution to within 1/2 inch from top.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.