Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kosher-parve, low-fat, non-dairy, gluten-free, soy-free, low-sugar
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup ice cube, add more if you like it thicker
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- 1 scoop protein powder, Natures Plus Kosher Spiru-Tein Protein Shake Vanilla Flavor Rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce sugar-free syrup, DaVinci Gourmet Orange
- place ingredients into a blender and use crushed ice setting.
- pour into a large glass and drink with a milkshake straw. Caution! Brain-freeze.
- Garnish with a slice of orange.
- variations: 1. add coconut extract, 2. add 1/2 fresh pineapple, use only a half of the orange, 3. other fruits you may like instead of or with the orange would be mango, peach, strawberries/banana, berries. This recipe works with almost any fresh fruit. USE ORGANIC! Try adding cinnamon or nutmeg on top. A bit of lemon or lime juice is nice too.