Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on mealsforyou.com. Chilling time depends on your schedule.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄2 lb passover semisweet chocolate, melted
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons passover vanilla extract
- 3 ounces passover bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup passover margarine
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons passover cocoa
- wax paper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Oil a jelly roll pan with cooking oil or nonstick Passover spray.
- Cut waxed paper to line pan with a 1" overlap on each side.
- Oil or spray the paper.
- Dissolve coffee in warm water and stir into melted chocolate.
- Place 5 egg yolks in a bowl, add sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add half the vanilla.
- Blend in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Beat 5 egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into chocolate.
- Spread batter onto oiled jelly roll pan and bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350ºF and bake 10 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, melt bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler or over very low heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place margarine in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add superfine sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate and remaining vanilla and mix well.
- Add remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate until slightly firm.
- Wet a dish towel, wring it dry and cover the chocolate roll 10-20 minutes.
- Flip cake onto 2 pieces of overlapping sheets of waxed paper dusted with cocoa.
- Fill with chocolate filling and roll lengthwise.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.