Recipe by Chef Larry
You can also use sliced turkey or beef, or skip the meat and add more mushrooms and onions if you are a vegetarian. Personally, I use Empire boneless skinless chicken breast, Vidalia onion and a combination of mushrooms including Shiitake, Oyster, Crimini, Portabella and the standard button. You can use either a wok or a 12"-14" fry pan with tall sides.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the broth, soy sauce , potato starch, ginger, sugar and pepper and set aside.
- Stir-fry the onions for 3 minutes in 2 tablespoons oil, then set aside in a strainer.
- Stir-fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes in 2 tablespoons oil, then add to the strainer.
- Stir-fry the meat in 2 tablespoons oil until cooked thoroughly.
- Add the sauce mix and stir until thickened.
- Add back the drained onions and mushrooms.
- Serve over cooked rice.