It is from Egypt.
Make and share this Koshari recipe from Food.com.
- First cook the lentils in 2 cups water.
- Then bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- when the lentils have cooked add the rice, then simmer until the rice is done.
- Begin to cook the other pasta in an other pot, strain when finished.
- Then fry the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Then add the chili pepper and tomatoes and let simmer until a sauce like consistency is noticed, then add the onions and garlic to the sauce.
- Then set pasta on a plate and top it with the sauce.
i was not sure if we were going to like this recipe or not, but it turned out to be one of those dishes that my partner could not stop eating -- that does not happen often -- thanks for sharing
Pretty Good! I'll make it again!
i remeber buying koshari on the streets of ciaro, which was always fun. this recipe is very authentic and really easy to follow. my husband and i both really enjoyed it. thats for posting this one.