Very tasty for sausage and potato lovers. Comes from Sweden. I sometimes omit the apple slices, and add more potatoes.
- Crumble sausage into large heavy skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Pour off all except 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings.
- Cook the onions in the drippings until golden brown and transparent.
- Add the apple slices and cook until tender.
- In a buttered 2 quart casserole, arrange layers of potatoes, sausage, and onion-apple mixture.
- Bake in a moderate 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.