Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've made this for years after learning how from a Japanese exchange student. This is a great sidedish for beef!
- 3 -4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- oil (for frying)
- Mix together mashed potatoes and corn.
- Make into patties that are fat but flat.
- Dip each pattie first in flour, then beaten egg, then panko.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Tonkatsu sauce, or other Asian sauce.
This recipe still tastes great if you opt to bake it at 400C for 20 minutes or until golden brown instead of frying it. I added chopped basil, green onion, sausages, and sour cream. Feel free to twist the flavor.
Who doesn't like korokke? My mom is Japanese and adds a little ground pork to hers. Delicious!
I found this recipe to be amazing. The korokke were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I'll certainly be using the recipe again in the future.